Hello fellow K3 owners!

I still have some boards available if anyone is interested and I'm happy to report they work just fine with the KPA3 installed as well!

As my main use for my K3s is 6 meter and 144 EME operation, I bought the 10 watt version without the antenna tuner. I dabble a little on HF but not a whole lot. As such, the 10 watt, no tuner version suits my needs, although I thought it would be nice to be able to select 2 different antennas from the front panel (one for HF and the other for 6 meters). Spending several hundred dollars for the KATU seemed a bit overkill to me just to get front panel selection of 2 antennas.

So looking at the schematic, I saw how easy it would be to modify my KANT board to allow 2 antenna selection. I bread boarded up my schematic and It works exactly as I expected.

So I'm debating having some pc boards made to replace the entire KANT board but only if there is enough interest to justify doing so and I wanted to see how y'all felt about it. The bare boards run $25. You would take the parts from your existing KANT and reuse them on this new board, in addition to adding around $12 worth of new parts. So for under $40, you could have dual antenna selection on your non-KATU equipped K3.

Please email me offlist if you're interested

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"