Terry,

If you check out my QRZ page, you'll note that I have a USTower TMM-541SS
with a Yaesu G1000DXA rotator and a Force12 XR6 topping it off.

https://www.qrz.com/db/K4QE

The antenna is at 47 feet AGL and it covers 20 thru 6 with one coax.

The TMM-541SS nests down to 12 feet, and I also have the tilt-over kit.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

73, Tony K4QE

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <li...@subich.com> wrote:

> [...]
> option.  Although the antennas have two active elements er band, they
> they have boom lengths equal or less than the TA-33/TA-33jr and the
> full size elements mean they are much more efficient than the Mosley
> antennas.
>
> The Force 12 or Navassa provide full performance on up to six bands
> in a package the size and weight of the TA-33 (or TA33JR-WARC).
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV
>

> On 7/12/2016 9:12 AM, Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP wrote:
>
>> Hello Terry,
>>
>> In my opinion, there will be no problem. I can imagine that if the tower
>> is right at the house and if there is a strip of metal flashing along
>> the peak of the roof it might detune the director slightly when the
>> antenna is pointed east. Maybe. But I can't believe it will cause you
>> any trouble. Anyway, with the tilt base you will have to install it some
>> distance from the house.
>>
>> Remember the tilt base and the rotor plus mast will add to the height of
>> the tower. US Towers also makes a 55-footer. It's a lot more expensive,
>> though.
>>
>> I don't recommend the TA33-JR. Because of the short boom length it will
>> have a narrow bandwidth on 20m. If you operate both CW and SSB you may
>> find that you need to use a tuner. Your old ATB-34 is slightly bigger,
>> but has a wider bandwidth.
>>
>> There are newer designs for small beams that are better than the
>> venerable TA-33.
>>
>> Also if you can find one that works on 18 MHz too, that will be a plus.
>> In the next few years, 10 and 15m will be dead much of the time.
>>
>> 73,
>> Vic, 4X6GP
>> Rehovot, Israel
>> Formerly K2VCO
>> http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/
>>
>> On 12 Jul 2016 04:21, Terry Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am the owner if a K2, KX3, PX3, and KXPA100.  I have been a ham since
>>> 1982, and love my Elecraft gear.  I have a question for the group.  I am
>>> moving from my current QTH in Corvallis, OR  after 30 years.  Currently I
>>> have a Rohn 25 based tower that is about 35 feet above my flat roof.
>>> On the
>>> tower is a tri-band Cushcraft ATB-34 and 2m/440 comet antennas.  The beam
>>> and tower  date from the time I became a ham.
>>>
>>> I am building a new home in an established neighborhood in West Salem,
>>> Oregon.  The CCRs have expired, so I am not restricted from a tower
>>> setup.
>>> My new QTH is high in the west hills of Salem.   The view to the east is
>>> amazing as the ground slopes away.  To the west, the terrain has a slight
>>> rise.  I am 68 yrs. old.   I don't want to have to climb a tower
>>> again.  My
>>> home will be two stories with the garage level under it.  The peak of my
>>> roof will be about 34 ft. above grade.  My new tower location will be
>>> 32 feet from grade to the peak of the roof.  The roofline will run N-S