The kit arrived yesterday.  SN 5411.  I'm still waiting for my magnifying lamp
to arrive.  Then soldering begins.

With my WTCPT station, I accidently left it on for about a week.  I turned it
off and put in a new tip (PTH).  When I assembled my mini-module, I found I had
to dwell a long time (5-10 seconds) before I could get solder to melt.  In a
few cases I felt the board getting warm.  I changed tips to my original tip
(after cleaning it up) and dwell times dropped to about 3 seconds.

So what tip should I be using?

Also which DMM should I buy?  Is there one out there that is considered a best
buy or a great unit at a good price (the cheaper the better)??

- Keith KD1E -
- K1 12xx -
- K2 5411 (pile'o'parts) -