I don't want to start a flurry of emails on this so perhaps if

you could respond privately, it will keep the list traffic down.

I began my question-subject with a curiosity on how the professional

evaluators test & report on modern transceiver performance such as

sensitivity, etc.  At the same time, I have been looking at some Elecraft

products: the W2, the P3 TXMON, and the like.  My instinct tells me

that no ultimate best figures can survive on an input line where there

are sampling units & PL-259 couplings, short lengths, PL-259 to BNC

adapters, etc.  So I'm thinking that when Sherwood Labs specs out

the K2 and the K3, they probably:

1.  Have the rig on a wet cell battery;

2.  Except for the signal generator line coming, the rig is probably inside

an EMF shielded cage, etc.

3.  The only thing going into the transceiver is a single signal cable
connection.

Am I at least close to being right ?

And if so, how much degradation would I cause using, for example, both

the P3TXMON sampling unit and a W2 sampling unit between the antenna

and the K-Type receiver as well as a typical switching power supply feeding

the power?

Thanks for any responses to me in private.

Cheers,

Doug W5JV