On Tue,7/26/2016 11:47 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Which JT65 application?  The easiest way to start is to use WSJT 10
- the example configuration is in microHAM Router (Help | Download
Documents) or on the web site at www.microHAM-USA.com/support.html.

You can also use several of the other JT65 HF packages if you disable
CAT (radio frequency interface) and us only serial port PTT on the
2nd PTT port in microHAM Router.

I can't comment on the microHam aspects of JT65 operation, in which Joe is the best to advise you.

But using nothing more than an Elecraft USB cable and a Tascam US100 audio interface, I find WSJT-X to be MUCH simpler and easier to use than WSJT 10. I use VOX for T/R switching. Before WSJT-X was introduced, I was quite happy with WSJT-HF by W6CQZ. I use WSJT 10 only for those modes that WSJT-X does not support, like FSK441 and ISCAT.

73, Jim K9YC