Excellent question Ed!

You are expected to respond to your caller on your announced listening
frequency.  (You've already set the second VFO there before calling CQ.)

What happens next can vary.  If the band is "open" with vigor, you're
likely to get more than one caller ... maybe dozens ... on your listening
frequency .... much like you are a rare DX station on HF.  BTW, you never
spread your callers out by something like "up 2" or "up 5".  That would
cause QRM to someone trying to work -his- callers.

Actually, I've then had "runs" of many logbook pages and several hours
without ever returning to the calling frequency (50.125).

Anything else I can help with?

73
Ken - K0PP
406-797-3340