Morning Folks,

I have always had some type of amateur radio in my car.  First licensed in
junior high and now at 62, I have gone through a lot of radios and variations
in my shack.  For several reasons, I have decided to "simplify" my station, and
have a Elecraft only approach to my on the air time.

As I have followed this forum, I haven't seem much discussion about how people
have used an Elecraft radio in their cars, rvs, etc. Specifically, I'm
wondering what radios have been found to work well in the car, how the radio
has been mounted/connected, what other accessories may be helpful-
i.e.-speakers/etc., and what type of emf radiator has been most effective for
HF and VHF work.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. I will shortly be trying to pull any
info from the archives (sorry for doing this backwards).

Thanks in advance.  As I pretty much maxed out my Elecraft station this week
(someone please stop me from replacing my K3 with the K3s), I've got a bunch of
radios and accessories collected over 45 years for sale- any one interested 😉.

Vy 73,

Dave, WS0D

Dr. Dave Getzy
Fort Collins, CO