Chris Page wrote:
For general day to day operating, I normally use the K2 in SPLIT mode (with the flashing V over A on the front panel) and have the Secondary Menu option set to PER.

I use Logger 32 connected to the DX Cluster through the Internet and have noticed that when I click onto a Cluster spot, the K2 correctly goes to the frequency and mode of the spot, but the SPLIT option is cancelled and the K2 returns to its default setting of no SPLIT. This happens whether the Secondary Menu SPLT option is set to NOR or PER.

Is this the norm, and if so is anyone aware of a mod that can be done to prevent it happening, please?

Chris ....

The short answer is   yes and nothing!
Yes it is the norm and nothing can be done. Then the longer answer .... That's how Logger 32 works. It will not send split frequencies to the DX Cluster nor will it recognize them from the cluster. The ham who writes Logger 32 does not believe in split operating. Every time the split subject comes up on the reflector for Logger 32 it results in a sometimes long,
sometimes volatile, thread .... happens on most reflectors, doesn't it?

Logger 32 is a fully featured program with more stuff than I use - the price right and
it does have a few things that are whims, or beliefs of the software writer.

73    Hank    K8DD