Was this a "shared neutral" type of problem? I thought NEC ruled that out in post-1979 wiring plans.

73,

matt W6NIA

In the late 1980’s, we had some cubicle wiring fires at HP Labs caused by
computer power supplies. They had to replace all  the wiring with bigger
conductors and connectors for the neutral. The same thing happened with Project
Athena at MIT.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood