On Mon,8/15/2016 10:28 AM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Are you attempting to use the band decode lines on both the Icom and the K3 at the same time? That will cause problems unless there is some kind of isolation provided.

And remember that the KPA500 does NOT need band information from the rig -- it reads frequency with a short burst of RF and switches to the right band. So does the KAT500. Just hit a dit or tap the mic. The only interconnection that is NEEDED is the AMP KEY line.

The only thing that a full AUX cable adds is that it allows you to push buttons on the KPA500 to make the K3 change bands. I don't use an AUX cable, just RCA-RCA for AMP KEY. During contests, I do that with N1MM. Outside of contests, I use the rocker band switch on the K3.

73, Jim K9YC