I make my own cables...  Not sure about what cables you need for a KX-3,
but I haven't found a cable I couldn't make...

The stock cables SHOULD work fine, but you need to have a chassis bond
between EACH pair of equipment pieces that are joined by an unbalanced
cable whether the cable is shielded or not...

Shorter is generally better. Bigger conductors are generally better...
twisted pair conductors (if paired correctly) is almost ALWAYS better...

Of course, custom made cables at the exact length required always makes
things look nicer... :-)

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389