While winding the cores on my KPA100, I pulled too hard on the wire and broke
one in the low pass filters.  I ordered a replacement from Elecraft.  I
continued assembly as far as I could.  After staring sadly at the three core
pieces, I thought of super-gluing the core back together.  My thought was to
replace the repaired core with the replacement part when I receive it.  I fixed
the broken core and finished assembly.  Gluing it back together was easy, but
getting my fingers appart was a trick.  I think these things are just metal
filings glued together anyway.  Is there any reason that the repaired core
would have to be replaced?

Rich - KE1EV