The first time I had this happen to me it scared the daylights out of me. Glad it has happened to someone else.

WA7U

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Barker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2 and dit

PTT has a way of doing that<g>. You are going into transmit mode. DOT and
PTT are one and the same for you right handed folks (it's the DAH paddle for
me).

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

<snip>
I was on 80m SSB and just happened to touch the dit paddle on my key and it
muted the RX the dah paddle does not mute the RX has anyone noticed this
</snip>