On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Holger Schurig <holgerschu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - yes, it echos back one character at a time, like I'm typing
>
> - yes, it echos back even when I enter random characters.

Does the echo happen if the KX3 is connected but not powered on?

> I opened my KX3 and removed the the shielding (Battery retainer). Then I
> measured at J3 (ACC1). Imagine that the ACC1 is positioned towards the left,
> then the lower-right and the right pins of J3 have a connection according to
> my Multimeter. But I think that is the switch that is inside the socket.

Yes, I see the same thing, but only when there is nothing plugged in.
The schematic shows a switch connected to (unused) pin 4.

A simpler test might be to use a stereo audio cable, plugged into ACC1
- measure between the tip and ring at the other end. I see a few
M-ohms there in both directions...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML