From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil
Wheeler
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:06 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S - Build or Buy

Having built the K2 and all accessories, I ordered my K3/P3/KPA500/KAT500
assembled -- mainly due to the size and weight of some (particularly with
the KPA500). The K2 was all the building experience (from 1999-2003 as
accessories were developed) I really needed -- along with other, smaller
kits.

I did assemble the KX3 and PX3. And in the case of the KX3 I rather
regretted that choice: One small mechanical part, a standoff, was not usable
and I had to wait five days for a replacement. Of course, in the long run it
hardly matters.  But I do find the "melt solder" kits more fun to build and
get working, and miss the days when so many thru-hole part kits were
available. The K2 is the last really challenging one, IMO.

73, Phil W7OX

delivered to k9...@live.com