Hi K2 members and Don W3FPR.

Last night I do have next failure.

I was transmitting with 50 W in CW with my K2/100 with in conjunction with
my  KAT100 into a perfect aligned 7 Mhz dipole (SWR1/1)

Before starting I always do a tune with my K2 we never no the SWR is bad hi.

The SWR indication on the KAT100 was outstanding 1/1,what I suspect because
I now the SWR of my antenne already was 1/1 !

After transmitting a while (5 minutes or so) the KAT100 SWR indication was
in the red zone,I stop transmitting immediately.

My RX level was dropping down to a zero level,propably a interruption in the
ANT1 connection of my KAT100.

I do change by means of the K2 command on the frontpanel to ANT2 connection
and back to ANT1 connection.

Nothing happens to help the failure yet,same failure no RX on ANT1
connection ?

I do disconnect the KAT 100 unit and remove the power supply of the K2 and
his KAT 100.

After all (toggling with the relays ???) I can receive again on both ANT1
and 2 but I do have the correct impression that the receive level

on the ANT1 connection has been attenuated since I do hat this failure last
night !!!!!

There is still a failure now,I could not tune anymore the 7 Mhz antenne
connected on both ANT1 or on the ANT2 connection ????

The software system the K2 is tuning well but could not find anymore a
correct value of  1/1,I suppose.

During the automatic tuning procedure the SWR leds are swiping around 1.7
and 2.5 (yellow leds on frontpanel of KAT100).

And the systems stays tuning yet with no final result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This last was not happens before the tuning procedure was very quick and
short and the indication on the KAT100 was 1/1.

I do have check the antenne himself and the antenne coax cables again
nothing wrong with them ,they are  all still 1/1.

I think I do have damaged some components inside the KAT100 due possible RF
injection or something like that during the TX operation I made ?
Any suggestions are welcome,where I have to take a look on it.

I do have made some measurements already

Aligned to ANT 1 next relays are supplied K1-K3-K4-K6-K12 (12VDC).

Aligned to ANT2 next relays are supplied K7-K13-K17-K18 (12VDC).

I do have measured between the switching contacts of those activated relays
1-3-4 everything seems to be have the correct values during changeover ?

To be honest because I do have not mutch experience  with the KAT100
schematic,I could not direct follow witch way the RX signal is exactly
following during

the 2 positions of ANT1 and ANT2 !!

I hope someone could me point into the correct direction .

Regards Jean ON4AEF.

E-mail : <mailto:jeanpierre.behi...@telenet.be>
jeanpierre.behi...@telenet.be