Hi,
My K2 is fast approaching it's 5th birthday and soon after I built it I expressed a wish that it would be nice if VFO's A & B retained the mode they were set for. ie so you could use CW on VFO A and SSB on VFO B As the K2 was originally regarded as "CW only" by most,it probably didn't matter much, but one could hardly say it is a "one mode" rig any more and I still feel it would be nice if this feature could be included in the Firmware. While I predominantly use CW, I do join in ( and sometimes run) a "CW Improvers Net" once a week, where we direct the Net using SSB and switch to CW for sending and receiving practice. I have to set up one memory on 3.580 (SSB)and another on 3.5792 (CW) and use the old "double button push across the face of the set" to change modes. I have been known to miss, and end up sending on a different band before I wake up to the fact.
So how about it Wayne??  Is it in the pipeline, or is it not feasible??
Cheers......Ron ZL1TW