Now that I have your attention - off topic subjects get the most airtime it
seems....

Here is an on-topic question - thanks!!

I currently feed a powered speaker with the constant line output of my K3. I
can individually adjust that speaker's volume locally and the HP volume on the
K3.

I'm contemplating the purchase of an SP-3.  As this speaker is unpowered, I
will have to use the K3 power amp and am afraid that I will lose the individual
volume control versatility I have.

If this is the case - would it be possible to repurpose the sub-rx (I don't
have one) AF gain "ring" to control the speaker amp level.  My understanding is
that the speaker out and HP out's are fed by separate DAC's.

Thanks, Russ KD4JO