I bought a used KX3 back in June. It's a very early production device (#109).
Been great all summer as a mobile in my truck. (Just did 1000 miles in the
Salmon Run)
Past two days, it hasn't turned on when I started off to work in the
morning.Yesterday, thought it was a loose connection, opened it up, at
work,nothing obvious. Powered up after I put it back together. Worked fineon
the way home.
Today, same thing. This time, I just brought it inside at work and let itwarm
up. Powered up right up.
Symptoms:
If you press BAND- / ATU Tune (in that order) it just clicks.
If you press ATU Tune / BAND-  (in that order) the backlight come on, but
nothing else.
I figure the temps have been in the high 30's F, maybe low 40's F  the past
couple days

I searched the net, no one else seems to have made this complaint. (I haven't
checkedthe mail-list archives yet.)

No, it's not the batteries - I use the vehicle battery in the truck anyway.

cheersdink, n7wa