Looking at the Rob Sherwood's receiver data table

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

I discovered a remarkable fact: the K2's weakest point is the FILTER ULTIMATE REJECTION. Sherwood says it is 80 dB only (and there are two K2s) and it was confirmed by one of our top grade contesters and DXpeditioners.

A closer look onto schematic awake an idea to reuse KSB2 crystal filter for receiving on both CW and SSB. No doubt the additional 7 crystals will improve this figure significantly. I had no opportunity to track the rather complex diode switching scheme but Sherwood's figures saying it clearly – there are 5+2 crystals in CW receive path only. So my question: is there any mod to improve the ultimate rejection using KSB2 crystal filter? (of course, G3RXQ's filter mods are here but I don't plan to destroy a KSB2 board and I am not interested in SSB). Would any experienced K2 builder willing to play around this?

And a QSK improvement to listen between elements up to 40 wpm would made from the K2 a dream radio :-)

I don't own my K2 yet but a 100 dB ultimate rejection would ensure me that I should't lose my time with thinking if to buy or not :-)

73,
Martin, OK1RR