Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:39:42 -0600
From: John Evans <john.evans.n...@gmail.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Windows Emulator

What VMs did you 'test' that had bad performance?

72 - john - n0hj

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Fred Moore <f...@fmeco.com> wrote:

> I tested some VM that wasn't cusomized for the OSX and performance was
> horrible, slow and cranky..
>
> Regards.. Fred

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:43:20 -0700
From: Michael Wong <michaelw...@mac.com>
To: John <j...@eeek.org.uk>
Cc: Richard Fjeld <rpfj...@outlook.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net

At the risk of starting a religious thread, I never said Macs were more secure
than PCs. On my Mac, I simply have more control of my security and credentials
than on a Windows computer from 20 years of deep Mac experience. On Windows, I
simply don?t have the deep knowledge of how to restrict my usage to protect
myself. Whatever the platform, careful computing habits are the best defense
from malware.

Also, Microsoft is close to ending free Windows 10 updates (or may have already
ended that program.) VMs are a good compromise and others have commented on
those virtues.