VOX is easier to adjust for most* digital modes than it is for voice because the computer is either sending full volume, or not sending. With voice, the sound level is continuously changing. Therefore many more settings will work.

73 Bill AE6JV

* I don't know of any digital modes that use sound level changes to send data. There might be another bit per baud or so available doing that, but the cost is likely to be a much higher error rate in non-perfect band conditions.