Fred,

The cause might be the initialisation of the com port connected to the K3 (PTT and KEY on pins of RTS and DTR, = pins 4 and 7).

73
Arie PA3A

Op 31-10-2016 om 5:15 schreef Fred Jensen:
This may not be new, I often pay no attention to the radio if I power it up, but recently I've noticed that it's going into TX multiple times as the start-up display scrolls by on VFO B. I don't think it's making any RF.

FWIW: I do operate W7RN remote using RemoteRig which immediately puts the K3 into TERM mode. This problem I've noticed happens when I'm operating from home, 100W, almost always on CW.

I don't see any harm to it, it's just new, and I'm wondering. FW is 5.38 Any info appreciated.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Sparks NV DM09dn

- Northern California Contest Club