Hello John and thanks.  Should I figure out what the baud rate of the kx3 is
(since that works) and then set the kxpa100 to match?

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John
Pitz
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 7:23 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KXPA100 RS-232 problem

It is likely a RS232 speed issue like Dick Dievendorff said.  Something else
you may want to do is change the KX3 baud rate to match the KXPA100.  The
KXPA100 doesn't care what the baud rate of the KX3 is and will auto detect
it.  This way you will be able to seamlessly use the
KX3 by itself if for some reason you don't want or need the amp.

On Fri, 2016-11-04 at 06:37 -0700, Thomas Beltran wrote:

> I have read some emails concerning the RS-232 connector on the
> KXPA100's back panel not working with software applications that need
> the rig's data, but I did not see any resolution.  In my case, I just
> set up a ciro mazzoni midi loop.  This loop will follow the radio's
> frequency, getting data from the rig.  Unfortunately, the loop's
> control box only works automatically when the the RS-232 connector
> from the control box is hooked directly to the KX3's side panel,
> meaning I can only run 10 watts.  BTW, there is a slight delay in
> setting the frequency, but loop works pretty nicely.  However, it will not
work when plugged into the RS-232 connector on the KXPA100's back

delivered to tbelt...@earthlink.net