My K3S with Elecraft USB cable going the radio to  computer worked great on
my old Windows 7 64-bit computer.  Now I'm trying  to use the same radio
and same USB cable with another Windows 7 64-bit computer  and cannot get it
to work as I'm having problems getting the driver  installed.  Some related
thoughts:

1) This Windows 7 64-bit computer cannot  auotmatically find a Driver for
the USB cable.  I'm, quite sure my  old W.7 computer installed the driver
automatically without  me downloading it manually.

2) Since the new computer cannot find the driver  automatically, from the
Elecraft website, I downloaded the Driver file: "CDM  v2.12.24 WHQL
Certified" and then unzipped it to the Documents folder.   (there are 8 files
within
that folder)

Using Device Manager, I try to install the new Driver, but  regardless
where I place the zipped or unzipped "CDM v2.12.24 WHQL Certified"  driver
file,
Device Manager reports that it "cannot find the  driver".

Please advise what I'm doing wrong?  Such as, it  there on particular file
I need to select manually?  Or perhaps  this CDM v2.12.24 driver file needs
to be placed in a particular  folder?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM