All,

I have very limited experience with a K3 and I am helping a fellow club
member get up and running on RTTY with his K3.  Here is the setup:

1. We are using MMTTY in the AFSK mode

2. line in/out on the transceiver connected to the computer sound card mic
and speaker input/output

3. PTT is via command the radio control port.

The problem we are having is intermittent transmission of data.  At times
the set up works properly and then later when transmitting the K3 sends
only a steady carrier.  It appears that the computer is outputting audio
tones to the K3 when this situation occurs.  What are the potential causes
of this problem.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Robie - AJ4F