If windows isn't finding the device you may have to install the driver manually. No big deal.

Download the driver from Elecraft onto a thumb drive. Browse to the file on the thumb drive and run the setup. Follow the instructions. Once installed, possibly after a reboot, plug the device in a USB port. If your going to be plugging/unplugging the device make sure you plug it back in the same port.

You should be able to see the port the install created by going to Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Ports.