Hello,

I recently finished the receiver portion of my K1 (40m/20m).  I successfully
aligned the 20m filters, but on 40m there is very little noise, and the noise
does not change when there is an antenna connected.  However, I have received
some very nice signals on 20m.

I have inspected the filter board joints and checked the relays to verify they
are in the correct position.  From the troubleshooting, it appears the only
option left is to check the crystals, but I do not have an oscillator handy.  I
am now wondering how to verify the 40m crystal is working properly since I only
have a digital multimeter.  I was thinking an RF probe would be helpful for
this, and I could definitely build that. I appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Klotz
KD9BPB