Channels 1 through 8 are in a ham band so you could legally run much higher power than non-licensed devices are allowed.

On 12/10/16 8:22 AM, Fred Jensen wrote:
I was able to make a very significant improvement in WiFi speed by selecting a channel instead of letting the AT&T Uverse router do it. Apparently, everyone around us is in "let the router do it" mode, and they are concentrated in the middle of the spectrum [3, 4, 5, 6, and 7]. Last time I checked, ours and our printer were the only devices on 11. Channel 1 is also almost clear. It's spread spectrum and the channels do overlap, but 10 is also nearly clear for us.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Sparks NV DM09dn

- Northern California Contest Club