      From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:46 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Mobile Radio Dreams

On Tue,12/13/2016 11:49 AM, Bill Frantz wrote:
> What if Elecraft made a radio specifically designed as a mobile radio?

IMO, the KX3 with its 100W amp comes awfully close to being an ideal HF
rig for mobile use. All it takes is a suitable mount that puts it at eye
level.

For something fancier, look at what Glen, W6GJB, did for an op riding
shotgun for the 7th Area QSO Party. The 100W amp is in the floor of the
back seat. Slide #8 in http://k9yc.com/7QP.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com