I'm a big Pi fan myself. So if adding my voice provides any additional influence - here it is. I'm also a programmer and I agree there is extra work involved. If the utility was open source, then volunteers could join in and manage the tool chain and build. I would certainly be happy to make a contribution.

The Raspberry Pi is a very hot platform that gets more and more capable with each new board. Version 3 is quite amazing. I can hardly tell I'm running on a little ARM box. It's power is the result of the advances in mobile platforms, so the future for these little computers is very bright.

Doug -- K0DXV