I have the same 'issue' on 20m my SWR on the hustler 6BTV is 1.4but when I
operate on that band the internal temperature seems to risemuch faster than
other bands and I eventually get a fault.
On 40m I have similar SWR on the digital frequencies and there I don't havean
issue what so ever. I can work long time with higher output powers (like double
that of 20m)
It does seem a tuner is required even with lower SWR's due to some reason ..
73 de K6TE Wim