I'm building my second fully optioned KX1.  I built one a few years ago with no problem and it was great. I sold it when I bought a KX3.   I missed it so much I just bought myself another one.

But I could use some advice because something doesn't make sense to me.

I opened the 30/80 meter parts package and found a "Power Output Modification Kit" for the KX1.  It consists of two resistors: replacements for R11 and R30.

I have not yet installed the "original R11 and R30" so can I just install these power mod resistors NOW to avoid future de-soldering?

This sounds like a dumb question, I know, but it seems that if this has been a known problem for the KX1 since April 2006 (Revision B), why weren't the kit resistors upgraded a long time ago, or made an addendum to the KX1.

Why were they in the 30/80 module kit?  What's the connection? Do the upgrade resistors only apply to the 30/80 mod?

If I had not ordered the 30/80 mod, I would not have known about this power mod.

73, Stan WB2LQF