Ladies and Gents....

  I was operating 40 - CW  the other day with the K2/100 using the KAT100 into
a dipole.  After a few minutes, the fan roared into life.  I've never had that
happen before in all the years I've operated the rig.  Strange.  After I turned
it over to the other station, a few minutes it quit.  The antenna was matched
through the KAT100.  Now, I know it is operating OK...I read the manual.  But,
I wondered why the thing went on cause I've never heard it go on before.  After
the QSO, I checked the tpa and found it was set for 24 c while the room was at
17 c.  Could that have been an issue?  Maybe I am just being and old clucking
hen, but I want to understand what is going on there?  I know it goes on at 40
C.  I have the fan set to FAN HI.  Anyone can enlighten me?

  Lee
  K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common
sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.