I can come close. I currently operate W7RN remotely using our AT&T Uverse Internet. It's 45 Mbps from the street to the router, and the computer and Remoterig box run in the 18-20 Mbps down and half that up. Ping time to the station is in the 40-45 ms range. It works fine [well ... nearly all the time, sometimes the I'net loses packets but that's rare]. W7RN uses Teamviewer to access the PC that runs all the station automation. Teamviewer exhibits some increased latency, annoying but certainly usable, but that's not the remote radio connection.

I have never operated a radio remotely over a satellite link. I have used such links [HughesNet] for computer-computer work. For file transfer, web downloads, and even interaction with web sites [Amazon, PayPal, etc], it is acceptable. For remote control of a distant computer, it is nearly, if not completely, unusable. The space delay is only about 27 ms or so, but there the net latency was in the 2-4 sec range so there must be additional delays involved.

These experiences suggest, to me at least, that the latency of satellite links would make remote operation of a radio very difficult if not impossible.

FWIW: We live in a suburban neighborhood with lots of wifi on the scanner. I put our Uverse wifi on the most occupied channel once [6] just to see the effect. The speed seen by the Remoterig box dropped to about 1.5 Mbps. Everything continued to work just fine. I've been told that it will work with 500 - 600 Kbps.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn