Congratulations on your first JT65 QSO !

What you are seeing is *correct*. The way Joe Taylor and his gangdesigned the
system, VFO B may be set to a slightly lower frequency thanyour "dial"
frequency on VFO A, so that the software will emit tonesin a very specific
range of audio frequencies. You can verify this byslightly altering the audio
frequency of the WSJT-X in the middle of thebottom part of the control screen,
below the 'Tx even/1st' checkbox.Toggle it down to say, 500Hz and see what it
does to VFOB. Then toggleit up to, say 2150Hz, and see how it changes.

BTW, this behavior is NOT specific to an operating system, so if you'rerunning
Linux, chances are extremely high you're seeing the same thingthat I'm seeing
under MacOS. And, no, it's not related to using VOX.

You'll also see it dart around when you click on an interesting callsignin the
"Band Activity" display and the software automatically tees up yoursystem so
that you can call that juicy DX station calling CQ :-).

If you want to know exactly what frequencies they're constraining thesoftware
to, you'll need to go to their web site and look through some ofthe design
notes, etc. It's, um, pretty complex... bordering on magic, IMNSHO.
Apologies for any weird text formatting - I'm shamefacedly using Yahoo mail for
this.
73, Brandy, N1HO