If you want to cover 80m through 10m with a single wire try something in the
range of 84 to 86 feet.
This length is not a multiple of a half wave on any of the ham bands so it will
present a reasonable impedance
that can be be matched with a tuner and not surprisingly this is the W3EDP
length.

If you don’t care about 80m then the suggested 26 to 29 foot wire will work
great (I personally recommend 28 to 29 feet as I have found that
a 26 foot wire is sometimes a bit harder to match on 40m depending on how it is
deployed).

Ground radial length isn’t critical, but i suggest at least 1/8 wave on the
lowest frequency of operation and more is better.
I normally use 5 radials made out of a 20 foot length of 5 conductor computer
ribbon cable with all wires shorted together at
one end and connected to a single banana plug. You then unzip the wires from
the end opposite the banana plug so that you only have
about 4 feet at the banana plug end that is still ‘zipped”.  This makes it
convenient to route the radial wires off  a picnic table etc. before they
splay out on the ground.  When packing up I just pull all of the wires straight
together and clip them together at the unzipped end with an IKEA
bag clip before rolling them up.  I use a 5 conductor cable as that is about my
patience limit for radial deployment ;-)

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB / VA2NB (KX1, K1, K2)