I corrected the "typo" in an email to the reflector shortly after re-reading
what I had sent. "u" is right next to "I" on my keyboard <g>
73, Ken K3IU

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick
Waterman
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Elecraft support
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 AGC off problem

Dr. Werner Furlan wrote:
> I should have posted this before...
> I found a related message when searching the archive. The reply was:
>
> ------------------
> Sounds exactly like the problem I had with 5196. The problem was fixed
> by replacing X1 on the Control Board. You will probably find that
> CtrlBd-U2-1 goes to about 6 volts when you turn the AGC OFF virtually
> shitting down the IF amplifier. I encourage you to communicate with
> Gary
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) regarding this problem. Yesterday, someone
> reported a similar problem with a close serial number(s/n5219).
>
> My serial # is 5203, so maybe I am also affected by this failure?

Damn, mine too. #5209. Hold PRE/ATT and AGC, it says "OFF", all bars light
and the K2 goes deaf. Hold them again, it says "On", the bars come down, and
stuff can be heard again. I've not had a chance to measure Ctrl-U2-1.

Doing WHAT to the IF amp? Nice typo!   :-)

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, K2 #5209.
use Std::Disclaimer;    [EMAIL PROTECTED]