This topic started on the Moon-Net reflector but I see it has migrated over here.

Most of you probably know that I run a business building kits that started with the DEMI transverters. The 50-MHz thru 432-MHz transverters all can be equipped with the VHF-APOLLO synthesized LO, which is a single pcb which mounts on two standoffs above the main transverter board. The kit comes with new DPDT power switch, mini-coax, hookup wire, blue LED lock indicator and BNC connector which provides connection with external 10-MHz reference. DEMI sells the VHF-APOOLOK kit for $134 and I can install it for you for $25 plus shipping.

But if you have a solder iron its a 30-minute to 1-hour task with no surface mount installation. Kit comes with instruction sheet. Synth board is fully assembled and kit only includes parts for installing it.

I have one on my L432-28 transverter and on my 1296-28 transverter. Not needed on 50-222 MHz in my opinion.

To get the best freq accuracy and stability install the TCXO-03 plus the EXREF in the K3. My tests show +/- 2 Hz at 28-MHz on the K3.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com