No problem here browsing around the Elecraft web site using Chrome. Do you
recall a specific link that did that?

73, Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ken G Kopp
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:09 AM
To: Dave Fifield; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Website Hacked?

No problem here ... but I've avoided the Chrome browser.  😂

73

K0PP

On Jan 3, 2017 04:41, "Dave Fifield" <d...@ad6a.com> wrote:

I've been noticing that every now and then, when I'm on the Elecraft website
looking around, my Chrome browser will get re-directed to spurious ad websites
instead of the link I clicked on the Elecraft site. Anyone else noticed this?

At least one of the redirectors was to a website that pretends to take over
your PC and holds you ransom until you pay a fee to unlock your files (which of
course is utter nonsense, since all you have to do is use the Task Manager to
end the browser app and the problem is gone).

I did some scientific research today, and with the help of the good folks at
Avast! (the virus/malware blocking service I use) and determined that a) I have
NO viruses, Trojans, adware, malware, or any other nastyware, and that
b) these browser redirects are ONLY happening when I click on links on the
Elecraft website. I can browse other websites with impunity and not see any
redirects - it's just links on the Elecraft website that do it.

This leads me to believe that, somehow, the Elecraft website has been hacked or
otherwise loaded with an adware virus. Please can someone at Elecraft have a
look at the problem and clean up the web code ASAP?

Many thanks,

Dave Fifield

AD6A

---