I just fired up a new W2 wattmeter, and it seems to be working ok, except that I can't seem to adjust the SWR alarm..

I'm using the W2 utility version 1.3.2.27 and my W2 firmware is version 1.00. I have the PTT keying cables connected to the W2, and am trying to set the SWR trip point that will open the amplifier keying connection. On p. 8 of the version D2 manual it says I can toggle the alarm on / off by sending the character "a" to the W2. This seems to be working okay in that I get the expected responses "a1," and "a0."

The manual does not specify what the factory default trip point is. It does indicate that I can move the trip point up or down by send the bracket characters "}" and "[" to the W2, and that the response will be a number with an implied decimal point. But all I get is 00 in response.

What am I doing wrong?  This is very confusing.

TNX & 73,

Chuck Guenther  NI0C