Vincent,
I have both radios and often use them at the same time connected to Expert 1.3K-FA amp that supports basic SO2R operation. KX3 is a nice travel radio. Although it can be used for contesting when one operates far away from highly ham radio populated areas (EU, USA etc) still K3 is a lot better for contesting, especially when there are several strong nearby stations around. Besides K3 with the second receiver gives you great flexibility when used either for diversity reception of when picking signals from 2 directions using 2 antennas. Bottom line is you take both if you can or choose the one that you can afford. You will not regret in any case.

73, Igor UA9CDC
----- Исходное сообщение ----- От: "Vincent Diak" <uncleb...@optonline.net>
Кому: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Отправлено: 8 января 2017 г. 1:04
Тема: [Elecraft] kx3 receiver verses k3s receiver

QST- Hello,
Can Anyone tell me if they have compared the KX3 Receiver to the K3s receiver? Not with equipment test, but just buy listening to both receivers and judging which is better for them. Please do not refer to spec’s just plain ear listening . I know we all hear differently, but was wondering how much better the K3s would be for more money.
Vincent /WB2PDW 73

Message delivered to ua9...@gmail.com