Hi all,

I initially started using data modes by the "set the power to maximum ..." method, and experienced the same problems that others have seen, although with care the transmissions were proper. I like to run digital at 50 W max, to lessen the strain on the equipment. The advantage of this method was that the power on the band in use was not reduced, so that when going back to SW or SSB, the full power was still set. The "K3 recommended " method does a fine job, but requires reducing the power to 50 W. Then, when one returns to CW or SSB, you are still at 50W, since power is not saved "per mode".

Would a software change which saves power "per mode" as well as "per band" be possible? If so, I respectfully request it.

George, W3HBM