That's similar to what I do when operating one K3 remotely. I use a Six Pak
driven by a pair of ACC-driven band decoders for antenna switching between
the two amps because it's there already, used for SO2R antenna switching
when I'm physically at the station. That would be overkill for you - as you
say, you just need a SPDT RF relay like the ancient Dow-Key's we used to
use for T-R switching in the 60's. You could even buy a Six Pak replacement
part open frame relay from WX0B and mount it in a mini-box with some
SO-239s, very inexpensive. If I were you, I'd use a simple SPST switch
instead of programming the many combinations of DIGOUT1.

I run Key Out from the K3 to the Alpha 87A and key the KPA500 through the
ACC cable. If I neglect to put the KPA in STBY when using the Alpha, it
keys in parallel but has no drive. No extra relay, no problem. You could
also key both amps concurrently with the K3 Key Out line and a Y-splitter.

Have fun!

/Rick N6XI

--

Rick Tavan