-- Elecraft K2/10 with KAT2 error :: serialno. 4037 --

Hello,

Sometimes my KAT2 built-in antenna tuning unit gives erroneous behaviour. It
goes like this:

Normally nothing is wrong. Nor in ATU AUTO mode nor in ATU CALS mode. But
sometimes after using the KAT2 auto-tuner (setting ATU AUTO) there's no RF
signal on the ANT1/ANT2 sockets and the SWR reading is infinite. Yes, when I
check on the original "Antenna 50 Ohm"-socket there IS signal but nothing comes
out of the ANT1 (or -in case selected- ANT2) socket. In some cases I'm able to
recover the normal desirable behavour bij disconnecting the KAT2 unit from the
RF-board and reconnect.

There really are times there's nothing wrong with the ATU and I'm able to tune
different loads on different bands. But all of the sudden the error kicks in
again.

When the error has happened I can get an error-code from the KAT2 settings menu.
Normally (when error-free operating) the error code is E000
In case of error it gives E216 or E232, depending on whether de ATU is in mode
AUTO or CALS.

What things do I have to check / where is my error likely to exist?

Regards,

Frank Talens PF5T
The Netherlands
--