Anybody have any idea how an 80m loop would work at 3m height?

We just moved into a new place with NO ANTENNA RESTRICTIONS, but I fell down
hard last summer (3 weeks unconscious in ICU) and am not tempted to get very
high again.

All this talk about on-ground and under-ground antennas made me think of
hanging a W0MHS Loop-Skywire at a low height. That a LOT of copperweld for
something that hasn’t a chance. I’d hire someone to hang a doublet if I
thought it would be much better. But the whole neighborhood is in a hole,
about 75 feet below the prevailing terrain, so even a 50’ doublet is really
25’ underground<g>.

The hole is several wavelengths wide, so from my roof, the tops of the trees
on the “rim” are up about 25 degrees, so very low DX takeoff just ain’t
gonna happen.

Maybe it’s time I learned if I can run one of those Antenna Modelers. Should
I look for Windoze or Linux flavors?

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

<snip>
The only "ground" antenna I worked with was a 270 ft. horizontal loop
made from #28 enemeled wire.  It was in a pentagon shape and laying
right on the ground.
</snip>