K2 #5266 aligned beautifully after I fixed C-6 which the Cheap 'N Dirty Signal
Tracer found in about 2" flat.  I had it on the air and made about 100 cw
contacts before adding some mods:  DSP, SSB, NB, 160 meters and 60 meters. I
had a problem which was resolved but involved a master reset...so I started on
a complete re-alignment today.

With the exception of the 40 meter band, the VCO alignment went "by the book" -
 7000 and 7300 Mhz both read 7.92 volts  and it does not vary as I tune
between those frequencies.  I have checked the parts which were replaced in
adding the mods noted above and re-heated C-71 through 75 and D-19 & 20.
Hooked it up for testing and it's still a rock solid 7.92 volts on 7000 through
7300.

L-30 is the correct inductor; T5 (wound by Mychael) and D21-26 all worked the
first time around on the VCO alignment so I doubt there's a problem there.

Does anyone on the reflector have any idea where I should look next?  If so, I
'd appreciate it!

73,
Cary, K4TM
Lynchburg, VA