One other item of interest - I do not have an ATU in the KX3 ...... I  have an
ATU at the out at input to the antenna

From: James Rodenkirch
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:16 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: KX3-KXPA100 operation

I just connected my kx3 and a newly purchased kxpa100 (no KXAT100 ATU)...have
control of pwr from milliwatts to 100 and asll seems to be working correctly
except....when in cw, the earphones on and the power set at 9 watts, I opted to
increase power past 10 - when I did some noticeable amount of attenuation was
introduced in the receiver (e.g. a P40 station registering S5 dropped to S1
when power was increaseed past 10).

I must have something goofed up - suggestions sent offline ok...72 Jim
Rodenkirch K9JWV