This thread has really given me things to try when earth tilt/absence of white
rain is back in our favour. Great group of folks on this forum btw.

The many contributions to this thread have given me the confidence to try end
feds (for the first time) on my up coming trip to HI9 land. I'm packing a few
end fed lengths for whatever  the trees on the resort will support. I'll start
with Wayne's 25ft radiator and 25 ft wire on the ground suggestion first. Again
this untried for me.

Before getting my kx3 I used an FT817 and the ATAS25. Worked fine when 20 to
10m openings were easier to come by a few years ago. Now my thoughts are about
the reactions I'll get throwing something at a tree or two on the resort near
the beach. I've managed to strip my CrankIR down to 12lbs so I'm taking it
anyway only because I've used it/know it. The goal is to no longer feel the
need to cram it into charter flight size and weight constraints and keep it for
car trips instead. I'm guessing throwing a half full water bottle will suffice.
Corrections invited.

Now my thoughts are about permanent end fed resonant wires (vs dipoles) for the
home shack. I currently have a home brew 80/40 centre fed dipole tied from the
house to a tree in the woods. If that were instead an end fed resonant wire fed
by a 9:1 at house end things could get much simpler (and less saggy) coax wise.

Now comes the fantasy thinking... What about making it an end fed multi band by
either putting traps in the 80m end fed or better still adding on a couple of
fan EFHW wires for 40 and 20? Anyone tried this? How would the efficiencies
compare to their centre fed trap or fan dipole counterparts respectively?

Then there is that 160m antenna I'm think about putting up this summer...

Brian ve3bwp