A cylinder with a closed end is a "closed cylinder" and requires the formula that uses 2f instead of f.

The "real" formula accounts for lots of variables, including diameter of the sphere. But a ballpark formula that works just fine for less complex designs is just Length (in feet or fractions of a foot) equals the speed of sound in air (in feet per second which is approximately 1100) divided by either f (for an open end cylinder) or 2f (for a closed end cylinder) where f is the desired frequency of resonance you want.  Much like making a simple dipole, you can start with the formula but it takes trimming to get it optimized.

Example:  You want a speaker resonant at 600 Hz.  It is closed at one end ( the end in which you mount the speaker).  The tube is *about* two inches in diameter.  L=1100/2f  -- L=1100/1200  --  L=..916 ft.  --  .916 inches x 12 inches = 10.9 inches.

The preceding is not perfect but, like a dipole, it needs final trimming.  That's where an adjustable design (like the PVC versions with a sleeve) make it easier to trim vs. building a wooden box (like the KD1JV box design).

73, Stan WB2LQF